Citi's Consumer Business operates globally and offers Retail Banking, Wealth Management and Lending (Credit cards, etc.) products and services.
To deliver on Citi's mission, provide financial services that enable growth and economic progress, we must operate as a truly client-centric organization, driving a high tech, high touch experience for the full Citi relationship across products, segments, and geography.
Citi established its Citi Data Governance Policy (CDGP) to govern and manage data in compliance with regulatory expectations. It sets forth the minimum requirements for the implementation of a consistent and controlled approach to create and use data as a critical corporate asset. The Policy also establishes a Governance Model for Data Management, Governance and Quality across Citi. All Citi employees, contractors, and personnel with responsibility for the ownership, production, and consumption of data must manage data in accordance with the CDGP.
This position is with Citi's Personal Banking & Wealth Management Chief Data Office.
Your goal as a Data Steward is to improve data trustworthiness and data usage across the business.
As a Global Data Steward in Personal Banking Wealth Management's (PBWM) Chief Data Office (CDO), your role is to align with Data Domains and support Data Owners across Data Stewardship activities, ensure consistent execution of these activities along with the Data Operating Model (DOM) globally and maximize the use and value of data for the business.
- Subject Matter Expert on CDGP, Metadata/Data Quality Standards & Processes, as well as being knowledgeable with Data Concerns Remediation Management (DCRM), Metrics & Reporting, Data Tools & Capabilities and other data-related Citi Policies and Standards.
- Manage execution of Data Stewardship initiatives related to our DOM. Activities include, but not limited to:
- Understand Data Consumer related data requirements (eg, business scope, risk related metrics, data issues, data requirements, and Data Quality rules.)
- Establish and maintain all Metadata (eg, Data Cataloging, Data Lineage), Data Sources/Ownership, and Data Modeling in an approved tool
- Perform Data Profiling analysis
- Identify, resolve, and monitor DQ related issues (DCRM)
- Perform Data and Source Certification
- Define and implement Data Quality controls & KPIs.
- Oversee the Data Quality issue/defect management process within the business unit and maintain repository of issues for monitoring and tracking Data Quality issues.
- Conduct root-cause analysis for data issues/defects, and support/promote its resolution.
- Identify and propose CDEs while defining, standardizing and documenting the metadata under each business domain.
- Support efforts in training, communication, and Change Management to achieve enterprise-wide change associated with Data Steward initiatives.
- Support efforts to create or enhance Data Governance related procedures, user guides, business process maps, training materials, and Change Management documentation.
- Monitor and report on Data Steward related Metrics (eg, define/gather metrics, develop dashboards, etc.) as per the standards defined by ECDO.
- Support efforts to drive implementation and adoption of tools necessary to build and run effective Data Management/Quality processes and capabilities.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made
- Identifies and supports opportunities to streamline and simplify the execution of the CDGP.
- Be a thought leader for Data Governance and share best practices.
- Be a trusted advisor and partner to the supporting functions and stakeholders.
- Present status updates, issues/challenges/risks and solutions to senior management, stakeholders and partners in a succinct manner to drive decision-making and actions.
- Lead meetings to solve issues/challenges/risks by factoring input from partners and diverse points of view.
- Promote data as an asset' and drive culture change to make the organization data savvy' via lunch-n-learn sessions and equivalent forums in partnership with other Data Providers and stakeholders.
Education & Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Engineering or Information Systems, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. A Master's degree is preferred, but not required.
- At least 6-10 years of combined experience in Banking and Financial services industry and Data Governance/Data Management.
- Experience includes leading Data Management and Data Quality initiatives, aligning business processes with Data, implementing technology solutions, developing or supporting standards/policies and data-related issue management and remediation efforts.
- Ability to liaise with Data Consumers, Data Providers on both the Business and Technical level.
- Strong presentation skills, business and technical writing, and verbal communication skills to support decision-making and actions.
- Strong business analytical and organizational skills.
- Problem-solving and critical thinking skills to recognize and comprehend complex Data Governance issues, policies, regulatory requirements and industry information affecting the business environment.
- Consulting background is a plus.
- Knowledge of Regulatory Reporting is a plus.
- Experience in Consumer Bank, Wealth Management and/or Operation related domains.
- Ability to adapt and work in a constantly changing environment.
- Experience with Data Management processes and tools and applications, including process mapping and lineage toolsets (eg, Collibra).
- Working knowledge of structured/unstructured databases, Data Modeling, Data Management, SQL, Agile methodology and Data Governance tools.
- Willingness to pitch-in with other team members. Entrepreneurial spirit to identify problems or challenges and solve them.
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required.
Job Family Group:
New York New York United States
Primary Location Salary Range:
$132,320.00 - $198,480.00
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi ) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi .
View the " EEO is the Law " poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement .
View the EEO Policy Statement .
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Effective November 1, 2021, Citi requires that all successful applicants for positions located in the United States or Puerto Rico be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment and provide proof of such vaccination prior to commencement of employment.