This position provides emergency department leadership and oversight on an interim basis as assigned per leadership. When serving as an interim Director, this position is responsible for promoting the CHRISTUS Health mission, core values and vision, and for operational effectiveness and quality of nursing care and services. In addition, will be responsible for building a strong team that ensures that the services provided and outcomes achieved are responsive to the patients' needs and integral to the achievement of the CHRISTUS Health mission and vision. This position will travel weekly to the assigned site to serve in this role. When not assigned to serve as an interim leader, this position will be assigned to assist on various projects as needed.
When serving as the Interim Director this position:
- Proactively supports the mission and vision of CHRISTUS Health. Demonstrates and expects others to demonstrate personal and professional behaviors consistent with CHRISTUS Health's mission, vision and values.
- Develops relationships and incorporates input from Medical Staff.
- Designated onsite individual to act in the capacity of EMS liaison. Coordinates activities such as: collaboration, education, communication, process improvement and case reviews with EMS partners.
- Create an environment which actively demonstrates that continuous quality improvement is an operating tenet of the organization; identifies and implements best practices and supports the transfer of such best practices to other organizations within CHRISTUS.
- Acts as catalyst for change in the organization; responds to change with flexibility and adaptability to overcome organizational resistance and inertia; demonstrates the ability to focus and energize associates to work together for change; gains maximum support from others for new initiatives.
When not serving as the Interim Director this position will:
- Support improvement efforts as an assigned resource as determined by assigned leadership
- Consult and collaborate with current ED leaders though the system
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree required. Master's degree in related field strongly preferred
- Lean principles and methodologies
- Microsoft Excel
- Minimum of five years management/supervisory experience in a healthcare setting
- Must have strong understanding of and demonstrate skill in leadership, strategic management, professional development, change management, communications, team building, continuous quality improvement, problem solving, decision making, innovation, financial management of operations, and stewardship of resources
- Skill in establishing a balanced perspective on mission effectiveness and business results is critical
- Current RN License is required
- Maintain BLS (American Heart Association) certification
- Maintain ACLS/PALS and obtain TNCC if required to be in position longer than 90 days
- Prefer national certification and/or professional organization membership